Monday, January 11, 2010

Banana Pancakes, Fig Newtons and No More Sleeping

Dear Riley,
The trend of the last few weeks has been finding out what table foods you like and oh little darlin, there are many. So far, your favorites seem to be banana pancakes and fig newtons. You are oh SO healthy. You are extremely hit or miss as far as when you will eat baby food these days- for instance, tonight you sat down and ate 3 whole jars in about 8 minutes or less. However, twice last week I tried to give you baby food and you gave me a stare that made me wonder how I could even try to subject to you these injustices. Oh fickle child of mine.
The last week you have been going to the Schoolhouse at Union Creek with me. Before you were born, Momma spent 4 years working at the Schoolhouse, so to me, it is like a second home. It is quickly becoming one of your favorite places- there is so much to explore and so much to see and so many kids to play with. You hang out in the peanut shell (our favorite sling) and fall asleep for a few minutes, but wake up quickly, lest you miss anything.
Your other latest adventure is not sleeping through the night. You were the BEST sleeper for so long, and in what I can only assume is a desperate attempt to drive your daddy insane, you have decided it is appropriate to scream your head off at all hours of the morning until you get a cup full of formula. The irony in all this is that you won't take a freaking cup of formula during the day. Your screaming has even gotten to the point where I keep all the important ingredients to make you a cup by the bedside table, and most nights don't even need to turn the light on to make the cup. When I hear you sucking on the end of the cup, I hand you froggy and that's it, hopefully until the sun comes up through the window. You take up so much room in the king size bed that I have sworn many times in the last week that the next time one of our friends tell us they are pregnant the next words out of my mouth are going to be get a king size bed.
Love you as big as the cup of apple juice you drank today at the schoolhouse,
Momma

0 comments:

Post a Comment