Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Almost a Year

Dear Riley,
Do you know that you are almost a year old? And while I will wait the 37 days to full gush over how incredible you have made the last year of our lives, I have began thinking about all the things that happened last year leading up to your very first birthday. There were so many emotions, ups and downs, and excitement, and what finally happened after waiting what seemed like forever for you to decide to come out. I just was perusing facebook and found the Ronald McDonald House homepages and am sitting here crying while I watch you sleep. A whole year kiddo. A year in which you learned to eat real food, and crawl, and sit up, and walk, how get our attention, and sleep through the night, and how to like the bath, and who we are in the grand scheme of things. I love you baby girl!
Your latest obsession is finding random things in the house that you then become obsessed with- like a shoe. When we were visiting Grandma Sally and Grandpa Doug, you found Grandpa's shoe and walked all over the house with it for 20 minutes. You have continued to do that- whether its your shoe, or mine, or your Finding Nemo bowl, or a marker, or a bottle of lotion- it becomes yours the second you pick it up.
I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the coming weeks kiddo. I ordered your birthday invitations yesterday and CANNOT believe you are almost 1.
Love you, as big as your screams this morning for some reason unbeknown st to me,
Momma

0 comments:

Post a Comment