Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stubborn, Stubborn, Stubborn

Dear Riley,
Today I got a glimpse into the world of how stubborn you truly are. For awhile, I called you persistent, but I have now realized that was being too nice in diagnosing one of the more drive-me-crazy endearing parts of your personality. With your walking becoming your only mode of transportation and your sudden realization of the fact that there is more to our little condo than you once knew was explorable by yourself, you are less content to stay confined to the living room. Our best efforts to confine you include some PVC piping and cute material, and it as existed and served its purpose for so long that you have now outsmarted it. We used to just be able to close the door and you wouldn't touch it, but no, little smarty pants, you have now realized that with a little pushing and shoving, you can make your way outta there and move on to better and bigger things. (Sidenote- pancakes from your morning breakfast that were hiding in your highchair are NOT bigger and better things)I'm still not used to little feet pitter pattering into the kitchen and you going after the cabinets. Daddy finally finished baby proofing them, so we have finally outsmarted you in one aspect of the house. Today, you only wanted to play with my phone. When I told you NO and wouldn't give it to you, offered your beloved froggy to me, and then reached for my phone. You did this probably 34 times today, even though you got the same response each time. Despite our finally outsmarting you in the kitchen cabinet area, you continue to try to open them every time you pitterpatter into the kitchen. I admire your stubbornness, and as crazy as it drives me now, I cross my fingers that you don't lose that quality as you get older and the obstacles are much bigger than trying to open a kitchen cabinet.
I love you kid. I just do.
Momma

0 comments:

Post a Comment