Sunday, June 20, 2010

In Honor Of Your Daddy

Dear Riley,
First of all, I must apologize for the hiatus on your blog. Apparently there were some technical issues in which I thought things were being posted and they weren't in fact. In the past six weeks you have made it your life's mission more so than ever before to climb on everything possible, eat everything possible, sleep as little as possible, and make life as hectic and interesting and surprising as possible, including pulling a fire alarm and causing a full evacuation at the Denver Children's Museum on the hottest day in Denver so far this summer, but more on that adventure later, so technical issues being addressed were at the bottom of my list.
Today is Father's Day, and little girl, I know this has been addressed here before, but lately more than ever, you are in love with your Daddy. As soon as you truly wake up in the morning, the first thing you do is run into our bedroom and demand Daddy's full attention. When he leaves for the day, you would think that the world is ending for at least five minutes by the way you throw your fit and scream. When he comes home from work, you demand he pick you up, no matter what urgent needs he has to address as soon as he comes home. You have even (shockingly!) begun to prefer him over the Momma at times, which as much as I love you, is a welcome occurrence! The best thing about your Daddy is the way he loves us...I know that you can't fully comprehend this yet, but when the time comes that you can, I hope that you can fully appreciate the depths to which his love flows for us. You and I are the most important things in his world, in his life, and everything that he does is an attempt to make life better for us and to make us happy. He is tender, firm, loving, confident, hard working, the best provider, and the piece of our puzzle that makes us whole. There is no doubt in my mind that there could not be a better Daddy for my little girl, and he continues to remind me of that everyday. You are lucky kiddo...very lucky.
I love you...almost as much as your Daddy does.
Momma

1 comments:

Mark and Megan said...

So sweet!

Post a Comment