Sunday, February 28, 2010

Grilled Cheese and Raviolis, Please!

Dear Riley,
You learned how to say please in sign language! (Sort of) You were wildly going after one of your pacifiers the other day, and I said to you "say please" and you responded by patting your leg- the sign for it is actually patting on the chest, but I was so excited that you had actually retained it, and I gave you a huge hug so I'm sure you are now under the impression that you are doing it right. You get so excited when I ask you to do it, and you do, it's hilarious! I was asking you for your Elmo the other day, and you wouldn't give him to me until you I said please. There are a few words I would use to describe you, but I fear that you may learn to read at a freakishly early age like I did so I will refrain.
We have also figured out that you are addicted to grilled cheese, and veggie dip crunchies from gerber. They are like little baby cheetos, and we cannot keep a can in the house for more than two or three days. Raviolis continue to top the list of favorites, but grilled cheese is definitely coming in as a very close second.
We took you swimming again today for the first time since December, and we were sorry we waited so long, as you were completely uncomfortable for most of the time. Eventually, you started splashing, and then you immediately seemed to be more comfortable. You crack me up kid, and you do on a daily basis, typically multiple times throughout the day.
The other thing you have learned how to do lately is "give loves", which includes you throwing your arms around the person holding you or the thing you are holding, and pressing your forehead down into their body. ADORABLE. Cuter than your little self walking all over the house.
You had watched Elmo before, but this week you have renewed your love affair with him, and added another member to the mix- Abby Cadabby. Abby wasn't a character when Daddy and I were little, but she is funny, and her and Elmo together causes you to not be able to turn away from the tv. After you were in bed last night, Daddy and I sat and watched the section of Sesame Street's website with the celebrity appearance videos....umm, I mean, we watched grown up movies and did grown up things. Yeah. That's what we did.

Love you, as much as you love your dirty old frog that Daddy and I are going to replace next time we order anything from amazon.com,

Momma

0 comments:

Post a Comment