Monday, April 5, 2010

Not Me/My Child Monday

Dear Riley,

You discovered the fridge this week...and there is NO way that I would ever let you dig in there until you find something to tote around the kitchen with you. I also did not look away from the fridge for a second and turn back to find you digging into Daddy's Ready to Serve sausages while sitting quietly on the floor. NOT ME, for sure. I also have definitely not stopped giving you pancakes in the morning in your highchair and just let you wander amongst your toys while eating them. NEVER. I have also never forgotten to close the bathroom door so that you don't wander into the bathroom and stick your hand in the toilet bowl. Not me! Nor did I keep watching Sesame Street after you fell asleep during your nap and crack up at the adult jokes that they make. Not your Momma! Nor did I turn into a goopy puddle mess on Friday when Daddy left for the weekend to go to Uncle Juan's bachelor party. I also did NOT scoop you up from the pack and play at Grandma Sharon's house when you cried at 3 AM on Saturday night and just cuddle with you until 5. I wouldn't ruin our sleep training like that. (PS- it's not ruined.) I would NOT go the teensiest bit overboard on your Easter basket...NOT ME!
love you almost as much as you loved your elmo basket,
Momma

0 comments:

Post a Comment